Monday, September 8, 2008

Comedy Benefit, Thursday, 9/11/08

This coming Thursday there will be a comedy benefit at the Owl 'N' Thistle Irish Pub in Seattle. I'll be performing along with some other local comics. Camp Casey is a week long summer camp on Whidbey Island for children with physical disabilities. I had the opportunity to perform for those children several months ago and we had a wonderful time. We played improv games, told them a few jokes (watered down mind you), and we even sang some songs.

When you spend so many nights a week telling jokes that may or may not work to a room, usually full of other comedians that are just as cynical as you are, it's rewarding to be doing something truly positive.

I'm happy to be a part of this benefit and I encourage everyone to attend. It is only $5, which is less than a dollar a comic. All of the proceeds go directly to the camp, it costs them in the area of 40k a year to run the camp if I understand correctly, and that's not cheap.

So, if you can attend, that'd be wonderful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or message me. Feel free to learn more at http://www.campcasey.org

No comments: