Sunday, October 5, 2008

Debate Reviews

Yeah, I know it's a few days late, I've been freakishly busy.

I wasn't impressed with any of the debates.

A summary of the Obama-McCain Debate:
Obama kept telling John McCain he was right: "John's absolutely right," "well, in this case John is absolutely right, we're in agreement..." He did this over 10 times, I was counting. If high-school taught me anything, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to agree so much in a debate, but hell, what do I know?

John McCain kept singing praises for Ronald Regan.

So, basically, the moral of their debate: Regan was great!

Call me crazy, but that doesn't really solve anything now does it?

Not to mention, me, personally, never a Regan fan. I know what you're thinking, "how could you feel that way Ron? You guys have the SAME FIRST NAME for Christ Sakes!!"

I know, I'm unreasonable.

Review of the VP Debate:

Biden played soft.

Palin didn't play at all.

Playing Obama's style of non-confrontational, soft-hitting, we're-going-to-totally-isolate-every-undecided-voter-and-defeat-ourselves-as-the-Democrats-are-famous-for fashion...Biden agreed with Palin all too often. When did they plan out this strategy?

If I were Biden, I would've eventually called a time-out.

"Time out, time out, OK, American nation, I don't know if you caught this, but she just gave a shout-out to a bunch of third graders. Seriously. Did we all catch this? This is arguably among the most important elections in history, and she's talking to 8-year-olds and saying 'gosh-darnit'...Oh, did I forget to mention the guy she's running with makes up songs about bombing the shit out of countries and possibly starting a third world-war? Just checking, just making sure we all know this...Ok, next question."

One quick disclaimer would've made a world of difference.

No comments: